What do I need to rent a vehicle from Edwards Garage?
You must be 21 years of age (insurance requirement), have a Major Credit Card, and a Valid Driver's License.
What are the benefits of renting from Edwards Garage?
Edwards Garage requires that all franchises meet a strict code of standards in terms of vehicle condition, age, and cleanliness. Every rental from Edwards Garage will come professionally detailed and full of fuel.
All the rentals in the fleet have 24hr. Roadside Assistance, so in the unlikely event of being stranded (flat tire, any tow scenario, etc.), you can have peace of mind knowing that help is always available.
Please call for Rates At: 1-800-668-2438
What vehicles are available?
Edwards Garage Rental in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. We have over 40+ vehicles in our rental fleet, for more a complete list click here. How does insurance work with rental vehicles?
For most renters, we provide a third party liability and collision coverage with a relatively high deductible. At the time of pickup, the renter is offered additional coverage options that reduce the deductible, so in the event of an accident, the out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the renter are minimal. This is generally the most common route taken by our renters and takes the insurance worry out of renting a vehicle
Questions? Call Us At: 1-800-668-2438
Some credit card companies will have vehicle rental insurance available when their card is used to purchase the rental (trucks and vans are usually not included), but check with your credit card company if you are unsure you have this service or not. Some things you may not know about Credit Car Coverage are:
- Some cards only reimburse you for your deductible after your own insurance pays.
- Some cards do not pay unless you submit documented, paid by you first repair bills within a specified time.
- Some do not cover rentals that last longer than a certain period.
- Some only cover you if you purchase a separate, additional, one time rental car coverage before each rental or enroll in advance and pay an additional fee for each rental.
Credit card rental coverage is for damage to the car, not for liability claims against you by people you harm in an accident. If you have the option of adding a rider (rental vehicle) to your personal insurance policy, then you could have the rental insurance covered this way as well. Once again, check with your insurance company to see if you have this option available. Some things you may not know about having your Personal Automobile Insurance Coverage cover your rental:
- Coverage will vary depending on where the policy was issued (Province).
- Insurance coverage will vary from insurer to insurer.
- Your coverage may be limited to the value of the car you own, not the one you are renting.
- Some policies cover rental cars only when your car is being repaired.
- If your insurance does not pay in full, you are still responsible for the remainder.
- Your insurance premium could be raised because of claiming a rental on your policy.
What happens if I get into an accident?
Exchange information with the other driver(s) and then notify the police as well as Edwards Garage. If the vehicle is still safe to drive, bring it back to the Edwards Garage. If the vehicle requires a tow, contact the location where you rented the vehicle from and they will choose where the vehicle is to go.
Who is responsible for Fuel and Damage?
As per the Rental Agreement, the individual(s) renting the vehicle are responsible for all the fuel used during the rental period and for returning the vehicle with a full tank after the rental period has finished. Any damage incurred during the rental period will fall under the responsibility of the renter, glass included.
What if my question has not been answered in the FAQs?
Please Call Us At: 1-800-668-2438